Thursday 27 August 2015

Week 2

2 weeks down and I see movement!

I know I only posted a few days ago but I wanted to post a quick update as yesterday marked 2 weeks since getting my braces (!!) and I will going on holiday for 10 days this Saturday, which means when I get back it will have been a whole month since brace day!

Overall the past week or so has been much easier than Week 1. Eating has become much easier, though salad & anything mildly crunchy still takes a lot longer than it used to. After attemping some raw carrot sticks and hummus last night I quickly realised that it was a no-go without cutting them up into tiny pieces first, so I've decided to forego them entirely for the sake of my own sanity.

A note to anyone reading who may be considering braces - make sure you make the most of your favourite crunchy foods before you get braces, because chances are you wont be eating them for a while!!

After reading some stories of others with braces I feel like one of the luckier ones when it comes to pain levels, as the pain had subsided to almost nothing after just over a week. I was even managing to bite into things (albeit very soft things) with my front teeth, though over the past day or two my front teeth have begun to feel sore again so the pleasure of biting into things was quite short lived... I'm certainly not complaining though as any pain at all feels like things are happening!

I'm also getting very excited by the amount of movement I've noticed already! It's only been 2 weeks but my upper left canine has made definite progress in coming inline with the rest of my teeth. It still has a way to go, but I noticed this morning I can actually touch my top & bottom canines together on the left hand side now - I can't remember the last time I've been able to do that so that has made me very happy. My bottom teeth have definitely shifted slightly too although they weren't bad to start with so I don't expect to see huge changes there.


Here are my 2 week progress pics...




Snaggly canine tooth coming down nicely!

That's it for now. I will be back in a couple of weeks with my 1 month update! Hooray!

xxx






No comments:

Post a Comment